There are a few things you’ll need before we start building a Telegram bot:
- I. If you don’t already have one, you must establish a Telegram account. The ITunes Store and Google Play Store both offer the Telegram app for download.
- II. A bot token is required in order to construct a bot. When you construct a bot, a special code is produced. In a subsequent section of this post, we will demonstrate how to establish a bot and obtain a token.
- III. You must have a fundamental understanding of programming ideas in order to develop and program your bot. To program the bot, we’ll use Python.
5. Building a Telegram Bot
- I. It’s time to start building your Telegram bot now that the prerequisites are complete. How to do it is as follows:
- II. Launch the Telegram application on your device.
- III. Look for the BotFather bot. You can build your own bot with the aid of this one. By entering “@BotFather” in the search field, you can find it.
- IV. Send a message to the BotFather bot with the command /newbot. The process of making a new bot will start with this.
- V. To choose a name for your bot, the BotFather bot will prompt you. It doesn’t matter what you call it; just make sure it’s different. Send the BotFather bot the name you’ve picked.
- VI. Your choice of a username for your bot will then be requested by the BotFather bot. People will look for your bot using this name when searching. Also, it ought to be original. Provide the BotFather bot your selected username as soon as possible.
- VII. To initiate communication, choose the BotFather bot and type a message.
- VIII. The BotFather bot will create a bot token for you after you finish the prior stage. You will require this special code in order to access your bot. You’ll need this token later, so be sure to store it safely.
Congratulations! You have now your Telegram bot was successfully built. Setting up the bot on Telegram is the next process.
6. Putting up a Telegram Bot.
- I. It’s time to set up the bot on Telegram now that it has been formed and has a bot token. As follows:
- II. On your device, launch the Telegram app.
- III. Enter your bot’s username in the search bar to find it.
- IV. To start a chat with your bot, click on its name.
- V. To start your bot, click the “Start” button.
- VI. Your bot is currently configured and available for usage on Telegram.
Congratulations! You have now successfully set up your bot on Telegram. The next step is to program the bot.
7. Programming the Bot
In order to program your bot, you will need to have some programming knowledge. We will be using Python to program the bot in this article, so you will need to have some knowledge of Python programming.
I. Choose a coding editor and launch it. In this article, PyCharm will be used.
II. You can give your new Python project whatever name you choose.
III. Python-telegram-bot package should be installed. Use the following command in the terminal to accomplish this:
pip install python-telegram-bot
IV. Create a new Python file in your project and give it the name main.py when the package has been installed.
V. Bring in the required files:
import telegramfrom telegram.ext import Updater, CommandHandler
VI. For the start command, add a new function. When a user writes “/start” to start the bot, this method will be called.
def start(update, context): context.bot.send_message(chat_id=update.effective_chat.id, text="Hello, I'm your bot!")
VII. For the help command, add a new function. When a user requests help by typing “/help,” this function is invoked.
def help(update, context): context.bot.send_message(chat_id=update.effective_chat.id, text="Type /start to start the bot.")
VIII. Create a new function to start the bot.
def main(): updater = Updater(token='YOUR_TOKEN', use_context=True) dispatcher = updater.dispatcher start_handler = CommandHandler('start', start) help_handler = CommandHandler('help', help) echo_handler = MessageHandler(Filters.text & (~Filters.command), echo) dispatcher.add_handler(start_handler) dispatcher.add_handler(help_handler) dispatcher.add_handler(echo_handler) updater.start_polling() updater.idle()if __name__ == '__main__': main()
Replace “YOUR TOKEN” with the bot token you previously obtained from the BotFather bot.
Congratulations! You have now successfully programmed your Telegram bot. The bot should now be able to respond to commands and messages.
To Launch the main Python file.
- I. Type your bot’s username into the search field of the Telegram app to find it.
- II. To chat with your bot, click on its name.
- III. To launch the bot, enter the command /start.
- IV. To watch the bot in action, type any additional commands or messages.
Creating a Telegram bot might seem daunting to beginners, but it is actually a relatively straightforward process. With a little bit of programming knowledge and some patience, you can create your own bot and automate various telegram’s tasks and features.
Creating a Telegram bot, configuring it on Telegram, and programming it with Python have all been covered in this post. You should have no trouble making your own Telegram bot if you follow these instructions.